In addition to the Main Board of Trustees, there are three committees, whose role it is to oversee the overall strategic direction of the Trust. Key roles are as follows
The Chair of the Board of Directors: Mr Peter Davies
The Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors: Mrs Pam Nash
The Chair of the Trust’s Finance and Resources Committee : Mr Alan Hague
The Chair of the Trust’s Audit and Compliance Committee: Mr Andy Sykes
The Chair of the Trust's Strategy Committee - Mr Eddie Lavery
The Chair of the Trust’s Curriculum and Standards Committee: Mr Kim Rowe
Any of the Trustees may be contacted directly by writing to them c/o the registered company address (Vyners School, Warren Road, Ickenham, UB10 8AB).
Our Executive Headteacher and Accounting Officer is Dr Martina Lecky.
Role of Local Governing Bodies
Each school within the Trust continues to have a Local Governing Body, whose role it is to work in close partnership with the local Headteacher, staff, parents, students and wider stakeholder community to develop a positive, successful, creative and supportive learning environment for the specific group of students at each school.
The main duties of each Local Governing Body's main duties is to:
- Set the strategic direction, policies and objectives of the school
- Set appropriate targets for student achievement at each Key Stage
- Approve the school's budget and development plans
- Review progress against the school's budget and objectives
- Challenge and support the Headteacher
Further details about the work and membership of each Local Governing Body can be found on individual school websites.
Key documents may be accessed by clicking below:
- Organogram for Vanguard Learning Trust wef 1 September 2018.
- List of members and category of trustees with terms of office January 2021
- Board of Trustees' attendance record 2018/2019
- Vanguard Learning Trust Audit Committee Terms of Reference 2018/2019
- Vanguard Learning Trust Audit Committee attendance report 2017/2018
- The Trust’s Articles of Association wef 1 September 2018
- The Trust’s Master Funding Agreement (supplementary funding agreements may be found on individual school websites)
- The terms of reference and standing orders for Local Governing Bodies 2018/2019
- 2018/2019 meeting schedule for the Board of Trustees and each school’s Local Governing Body
- The statutory accounts for 2016-17
- The statutory accounts for 2017-18
- The statutory accounts for 2018-19
- Vanguard Learning Trust Register of Business Interests 2019/2020