Vanguard Learning Trust’s board of trustees’ core functions are to ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction; to hold executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils and appraisal of staff; and to oversee the financial performance of the organisation, making sure its money is for the public benefit of education.
The Trust currently has four committees - finance & resources, audit, compliance & risk, strategy and curriculum & standards - and two fora, chairs’ forum and safeguarding forum.
Key roles are as follows:
The Chair of the Board of Trustees: Mr Peter Davies
The Vice-Chair of the Board of Trustees: Mrs Pam Nash
The Acting Chair of the Trust’s Finance and Resources Committee : Mr Peter Davies
The Chair of the Trust’s Audit, Compliance and Risk Committee: Mr Andy Sykes
The Chair of the Trust's Strategy Committee: Cllr Eddie Lavery
The Chair of the Trust’s Curriculum and Standards Committee: Mr Kim Rowe
The Chair of the Chairs' Forum: Cllr Eddie Lavery
Lead-trustee for safeguarding and Chair of the Safeguarding Forum: Pauline Nixon
Any of the Trustees may be contacted directly by writing to them c/o the registered company address (Vyners School, Warren Road, Ickenham, UB10 8AB).
Our Executive Headteacher and Accounting Officer is Dr Martina Lecky.
Pen portraits of members and trustees
Click here for pen portraits of all members and trustees.
Role of Local Governing Bodies
Each school within the Trust continues to have a Local Governing Body, whose role it is to work in close partnership with the local Headteacher, staff, parents, students and wider stakeholder community to develop a positive, successful, creative and supportive learning environment for the specific group of students at each school.
The main duties of each Local Governing Body are to:
- Set the strategic direction, policies and objectives of the school
- Set appropriate targets for student achievement at each Key Stage
- Set the school's budget (trustees approve)
- Approve the school development plan and self-evaluation form
- Review progress against the school's budget and objectives
- Challenge and support the Headteacher
Further details about the work and membership of each Local Governing Body can be found on individual school websites.
Key documents may be accessed by clicking below:
- VLT governance structure
- List of members and category of trustees with terms of office January 2021
- Board of trustees' attendance record 2020-2021
- Scheme of delegation 2020-2021
- Governance Framework 2020-2021
- The Trust’s Articles of Association wef 1 September 2018
- The Trust’s Master Funding Agreement (supplementary funding agreements may be found on individual school websites)
- The statutory accounts for 2019-20
- The statutory accounts for 2018-19
- The statutory accounts for 2017-18
- The statutory accounts for 2016-17
- VLT register of business interests 2020-2021
- VLT schedule of meetings 2020-2021